The Shawshank Redemption

Rehabilitated? well now, let me see. You know, I dont have any idea what that means. I know what you think it means. To me, it's just a made-up word, a politician's word so that young fellas like yourself can wear a suit and a tie and have a job. What do you really want to know? Am I sorry for what i did? There's not a day goes by I don't feel regret. And not because I'm here or because you think I should. I look back on the way I was then. A young, stupid kid who commited that terrible crime. I want to talk to him. I want to try and talk some sense to him. Tell him the way things are. But I can't. That kid's long gone. This old man is all that's left. I gotta live with that. Rehabilitated? That's just a bullshit word. So you go on and stamp your forms, sonny, and stop wasting my time. BEcause to tell you the truth, I don't give a shit - Ellis Boyd Red Redding -

Comments

Popular Posts